Dinosaur Control Board repair/modification 
Failed board showing damaged resistor - was 50 Ohms in original design. I used 200 in my modification.
Failed board showing damaged resistor - was 50 Ohms in original design. I used 200 in my modification.
Viewed: 342 times.

Damaged Relays - Coils were supposed to be 270 ohms, these measured around 15. Excess current and heating had melted the insulation on the windings and caused them to short out. I replaced this relay with a 24VDC version.
Damaged Relays - Coils were supposed to be 270 ohms, these measured around 15. Excess current and heating had melted the insulation on the windings and caused them to short out. I replaced this relay with a 24VDC version.
Viewed: 304 times.

Development work on the fix - simulating the flywheel alternator by feeding AC to the circuit through a variac to see when the relay would pull in...and what the total voltage across it would be at full alternator output.
Development work on the fix - simulating the flywheel alternator by feeding AC to the circuit through a variac to see when the relay would pull in...and what the total voltage across it would be at full alternator output.
Viewed: 280 times.

Repaired board.
Repaired board.
Viewed: 323 times.

Powered by Gallery v1 RSS